Airplants are easy to take care of, but you need to do it right! Always water your plants when you have just received them and let them dry out in a ventilated area.
TIPS & TRICKS :
- Airplants need daylight, but don't place them in direct sunlight because they will dry out faster (some plants need less light so please read the description of every plant)
- Use rainwater to water your plants, don't use bottled or softened water because it contains lots of salt.
If you use tap water, let the water sit in a bowl overnight before watering your plants so the chemicals and chalk in the water can evaporate.
- The greener your plant, the more water it needs (light coloured plants need less water and more light)
- When your plant is blooming, don't spray the flower or submerge your plant under water (only spray water on the leaves of the plant). The flowers will last for a couple of days until a couple of weeks, afterwards you can remove it or let it dry out.
- These plants can live up to 20 years and get multiple baby plants that grow from the motherplant. You can leave them as a cluster or separate them when they are about 2/3rd the size of the motherplant, then you have a completely new airplant that will grow, bloom and have babies!
and / or
Spray your plants 1x per week Soak 2x per month in a bowl
(use rainwater if possible) of water for 1 - 2 hours or longer
(less in winter, more in summer)
Let your plants dry upside down Make sure your plants are dry
in a well ventilated area (open window) before putting them back
Peel off any dry or brown leaves Trim away any broken leaves
at the bottom of the plant or dark ends (using a scissor)
Once in their lifetime your plant After blooming, small baby plants
will bloom and get flowers will start growing at the bottom!
You'll also get a care card with
every order, so you know how
to take care of your plants!